We are your premium company for roofing in Cheshunt and North London area including the surrounding areas of Enfield, Waltham Cross, Harlow, Epping, Hertford, St Albans, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Epping. We offer all roofing services including, new roof installation, flat roofing, roof repairs, commercial roofing, gutters soffits and fascias and chimney with leadwork.
The roof of a building is very important as it keeps you and your family sheltered from the elements. Roofs are also very susceptible to damage because of their position on the building, open to the elements. For this reason, it is important to choose the best roof for your property that will be of adequate quality to withstand the weather conditions where you live as well as last long enough before needing to be replaced.
We are specialists in installing new roofs, whether they are tiles, slate, or hard metals. Installing a new roof on the entire house or just on your conservatory, garage, extension, or shed, we do them all and more, there’s no job too big or too small for us. For all your roofing in North London and the surrounding areas give us a call today
- Ice dams. When snow settles on your roof and starts to melt slowly then freeze again in cold temperatures, it can cause ice to form on the roof. This reduces the runoff from the gutters. The ice causes damage to the part of the roof that it covers and these shingles or tiles would possibly need replacing if the damage is too severe.
- Broken tiles. Tiles may break due to severe weather conditions, or inferior quality of material or workmanship. Even slate tiles can get torn off the roof in severe windy weather. Missing tiles is the number one cause of roof leaks in the UK.
- Clogged valleys. Valleys keep the water flowing towards the gutters so that the rainwater can be drained from the roof, therefore it is very important to keep the valley clean and unblocked. Valleys can become blocked by lifting tiles, or fungus build-up if they haven't been cleaned regularly.
- Insufficient pitch on the roof. This could cause damage by the wind, where tiles would lift up and break or get torn away, or a low pitch roof could cause water damage to the roof since there is inadequate run off on a low pitch roof.
- Damaged pipe flashings. The ventilation system run underneath the roofing material, these are sealed very well but the seal and the flashings are known to deteriorate over time and this causes water leaks.
- Missing flashings around chimneys and skylights. The flashings around the bottom of the chimneys or skylights can be worn out or ripped off by very harsh winds leaving your roof vulnerable to water damage.